Got up early this morning and called the doctor's office. Put in my request for an appointment and started getting ready so that I could whisk the boys into the first available slot. When I got my call back the nurse verified that it was chicken pox and that there was no need to bring them in because they had a mild case AND she didn't want to expose the entire office to it. I get it. I really do but I also wanted to tell her that if we didn't get out of the house I was going to go insane!!! Did she hear the desperation in my voice? We are home bound because at this stage in the pox (as I lovingly call it) they are HIGHLY contagious. Still have some bumps that aren't blisters yet on both boys but some are already scabbed over on Cannon. Not sure if keeping Gracelyn away was that good of a deal or not. We didn't on purpose it just worked out this weekend that she was gone for 2 nights because of previous engagements. Boy she is one busy girl. So hopefully we won't be redoing all this in a week with her.
Here are our Monday pictures for your viewing pleasure.
Cannon had a new spot this morning on his leg
What a face! They are all pretty much scabbed over finally.
Mason's face has some eczema issues as well as a few spots on his for head and arm
M's neck is the worst area. They are blisters now. And of course his back is blotchy from eczema

6 comments:
My sweet...sweet boys,
I am so sorry that you are going through this. We love you both more than you will ever know.
~r
Okay, Keri...once again, can I reiterate how jealous I am. I hope they all feel better soon!
I only have one question for you: Why are you making laundry detergent when your children have chicken pox? Are you just crazy?! Okay, that was two questions, but I still think you are a little crazy (in the very best way because now I want to make my own laundry detergent). Do you think it would be okay for those of us who have to use the "free" detergent because we have very senstive skin? I noticed you used Dove so maybe that would help. We need to get together sometime for lunch...I miss my friend! We'll wait till your boys are better, though. :)
Oh Jordan I was sooooo ready to do something other than hold a sick child! :) I think IVORY or Dove FREE AND CLEAR would be the best for sensitive skin. The washing soda and Borax won't hurt because it is dissolved. Think 2 cups of soda and 1 cup of borax to 6 gallons of water.
Lunch sounds heavenly!!! How about on a Tuesday or Thursday so that I can adore your sweet girl and no little boys allowed. Teresa can join us now that she is footloose and fancy free. She has offically joined the bon-bon crew.
Ooooouch! I wish I could rescue you from homeboundness (is that a word?!?), but unfortunately that would not bode well for my 3 C's. :) Miss you girl!!!
Your poor boys, and you too! Hope you all get well soon!
Post a Comment