Gracelyn had a thing up at her school so you could meet the teacher and drop off supplies before the actual first day of school. After standing outside in the blistering heat we finally got to go in and see where the magic will happen. I know I have written before about how wonderful 5 was going to be for Gracelyn. I think it is working out for her so far but along with being 5 was starting school and although her view of what school is all about and my view of what I KNOW school is all about are a little different. I want so badly for Gracelyn to walk through that door on Monday and be the best 5-year-old she can be. I want her sweet personality to shine through and dazzle her teacher. I want her sweet spirit to be bold and impress her friends. I want so much. Mostly I want her to be happy and feel safe in her school. Physically safe yes but I am talking about emotionally safe. That she is in a place where she is loved and that the sole purpose of her being there is to learn and grow more each day. I am in charge of her education, spiritual education, moral and value system, making sure she has a belief system in place at a young age so that her walk with the Lord is straighter and more narrow than mine. I have a lot on my shoulders and now after 5 years I am suppose to share my job with others. I already do with our children's minister and ministry at church. They have contributed so much to her well being. AMEN! But now I am suppose to trust that from 8:00-3:10 her teacher has Gracelyn's best interest at heart. I need to work on that.
Our first impression was that her teacher was all business. That is not how I work but she was nice and friendly but very matter of fact. I did figure into the matter that she was a little frazzled because of the schedule of events for the night and she wasn't sure if we were suppose to be in there or outside and so forth. She is a new teacher to the district so I understand that those tiny things get overlooked when instructions are given out to teachers. I am officially giving her the benefit of the doubt. More because I refuse to think that she is really distant and not affectionate. Like I said not my style but I do understand.
When we got in the car all we talked about was Mrs. Dawson this and Mrs. Dawson that and how wonderful life will be on Monday when she gets to be in class. There again my poor Gracelyn was upset that we have been up to the school 3 times now with registration, school pictures, meet the teacher and still haven't started school. She wanted to know last night if we were going to leave her there so she could start! :giggle:
I love my sweet angel for that. She is a go getter and if you don't watch out she will tell you how the cow ate the cabbage in a heartbeat.
Friday, August 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Grace is going to do so GREAT in school. She is such a smart little girl that I know that she will truly be that bright and shining star in her classroom.
I know Grace is going to do so good in school. You are such a good mommy and you have done such a good job raising your children. You and Cameron have great kids. I will pray that on Monday, school will be a perfect dream for Grace!
Grace will love school because you are so positive, Keri! She is just the kind of student that all of us teachers love.
I have missed you so much. I know you have been as busy as I have, but I hope we can see each other soon. I am longing to see you and your kids. Kathy
Grace will do great in School and everyone will love her. You and Cameron have done such a good job and I am proud to call her my neese. Let me know how it went.
Post a Comment