Monday, June 11, 2007

100th post

This is my 100th post. I have seen on other people’s blogs where you post 100 things about you. I know it would have been easier to just say “Hey look, it’s my 100th post!” but oh well here we go…

1. I am a Christian
2. My name is Keri
3. My birthday is May 11th
4. I have the best husband named Cameron
5. Gracelyn is my oldest child
6. Cannon is my middle son
7. Mason is the baby
8. We have two dogs that are super sweet Baron & Blaze
9. I was born in Plainview, TX and moved to Amarillo the summer before my 6th grade year
10. I have one sister
11. My parents and Cameron’s parents are still married. That is a phenomenon in this day and age.
12. I just celebrated my 8th wedding anniversary
13. In the past year I have gained 30+ lbs.
14. I like to scrapbook
15. I sleep on the right side of the bed
16. I have my ears pierced twice but never wear earrings in the top holes
17. I have 4 nieces and only one nephew
18. I drive an Excursion
19. Our house sits on about one acre of land
20. I grew up going to Camp Blue Haven
21. I took Latin in high school and only passed because the teacher liked me. She was my favorite teacher ever!
22. I was president of the Art Club my senior year
23. I have never broken any bones
24. I played basketball and ran track in middle school. Who knew my talents? The coaches that's who. I never played hardly and I ran the relay so that I didn't have to run the entire length of the track.
25. I majored in Community Health my first two years of college
26. I don’t know what a Community Health degree means
27. I have lost 35 lbs. in the past year
28. I would still like to loose another 7-10 lbs before August
29. I taught public school for 6 years
30. My fingernails grow really fast and are relatively nice looking if I do say so myself
31. I love reality TV way too much
32. I am a pretty good cook when I actually cook
33. I love kitchen gadgets
34. After many years of church hopping and not being happy we found our family at Plum Creek Fellowship
35. I teach pre-K at Kid U
36. I can’t whistle~Not even a little bit
37. I am not the best housekeeper but I love it when my house is spit-spot shiny clean
38. I hate doing laundry!!!!
39. I attended 8 different schools from 1st grade – graduation
40. I lived in M-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I-humpback-humpback-I when I was little (This is how I learned to spell it)
41. My sister and I used to do radio commercials for the local station when my mom worked for KVOP & KKYN (Are you impressed I remembered the call letters mom?)
42. I remember useless details like where things go in people’s houses and how they decorate. If you move something around I’m likely to notice if it is missing.
43. I collect crosses. All shapes/colors/sizes
44. I wear minimal amount of makeup and would prefer if all women decided to just quite using it all together.
45. I would have plastic surgery in a heartbeat IF I could come home on a morphine drip.
46. I have a very high pain tolerance but I still need pain meds. (I like those little pills! HA!)
47. Chocolate~BLAH! Hard candies are more my style
48. I get very anxious flying but would rather fly than drive any day
49. I wear contacts
50. I would like to get braces sometime

(WE ARE HALF WAY THERE FOLKS!)
51. I love pictures in frames more than knick knacks
52. I spend way to much time on the computer reading blogs, websites, and mommy forums
53. I take a nap almost everyday
54. I am pretty crafty
55. I love to sew
56. Reading is my #1 hobby
57. I want a hammock to be able to read in and watch the kids play outside
58. My first car was a 1974 Buick Regal (Don’t be jealous)
59. That Buick was a nice shade of brown with a very complimentary cream roof.
60. That same Buick honked its own horn occasionally when you turned right. Usually when it felt like I needed to be embarrassed turning into the parking lot of school or something.
61. My favorite candle is something that smells like I have been cooking like cookies or something
62. I have too much crap on my fridge.
63. I got married outside
64. I love eBay~Wahoo 100% positive feedback
65. I am good at word puzzles and games. Okay not good but I like them.
66. I could spend $1000 at Gymboree for the kids and not even flinch
67. I could easily spend $1000 at Gap for me and not feel guilty about that either
68. I would seriously be in huge trouble with my hubby if I ever did #66 or #67
69. I had lots of pets growing up at different times in our lives. They either died, got given away, ran away, run over, eaten by the other hamster (remember Renay), or something else. We didn’t have complexes about it either it was good for us.
70. I have had an infestation of Brown Recluse spiders in my home!!! Makes you want to come on over huh? It is taken care of don’t worry.
71. The mice ate them all, HA!~I hate mice
72. I hate snakes worse-All kinds there is no such thing as good snakes even if they are suppose to keep the bad rodents, snakes, pests away.
73. I sometimes wonder why I live in the country i.e. mice, snakes, spiders, etc…
74. I am HORRIBLE at keeping up my kid’s baby books
75. I hate to write thank you notes

76. I love getting thank you notes
77. I have O- blood
78. My favorite drink is Diet Coke with Vanilla
79. I have been on George Strait’s tour bus.
80. I was a candy stripper when I was around 13 or so.
81. I don't know if the above word means I wore a uniform with read stripes on it or I took my clothes off. To clarify I wore the uniform with red stripes on it. I did not take my clothes off. HA!

82. I am horrible at spelling and most grammar rules. #80 is a great example of that. Praise God for dictionaries and spell check.
83. I hate house work
84. I hate thinking I am lazy but it sure sounds like it after re-reading this list!! HE HE HE
85. I love reconnecting with friends from the past
86. I hate being 31. 30 eh not so bad
87. I have not gotten a speeding ticket in more than 10 years (at least)
88. I have never ridden in an ambulance
89. I have never been in a car accident
90. I have not a clue of what to do if I were in an accident either example-call police, exchange insurance papers, talk to other driver, don’t talk to other driver (in case he sues and I inadvertently said something that will implicate me later)
91.I have an over active imagination
92. I hate it when people are mad at me and I actually did something to provoke it. If they are mad at me and I did nothing wrong then I don’t care. No wait I do care. I am pathetic.
93. I love having a newborn in the house.
94. I can’t part with Gracelyn’s baby clothes. We are pretty sure we won’t have any more kids and if we did it would likely be a boy since I went overboard and have 10x’s the amount a normal child should be allowed to have.
95. I love run-on sentences! I call them rambling sentences.
96. I love to wear flip-flops about as much as my hubby hates them
97. I want to go on vacation so bad this summer. Someplace where Cameron’s cell phone won’t work.
98. I love useless information. Sometimes it comes across as being a know-it-all but if I don’t get it out how can I make room for new useless information? It is a vicious cycle.
99. This took me way too long to do when I should have been cooking, doing laundry, cleaning the house, or writing thank you notes. Oh the list goes on and on and on…
100. I love blogging!

13 comments:

John said...

Now THAT is great!!! I feel like I know so much more about you now! LOL By the way, about 1/2 of your list could be my list...:)

~renay~ said...

Hey There Blog Buddie!!!

I would like to take this opportunity to list the 100 reasons why you are so special to me.....1-100 I love you and you did an awesome job!! I knew that would make you laugh!! Have fun swimming with the kids today.

Oh and by the way I still miss that hamster.(HAHAHA)

Kathy said...

I think you have toooooo much time on your hands! LOL

MOM

Anonymous said...

George Strait's tour bus? Lucky girl! I don't know you but I liked your 100th post. Keep up the good work and God Bless!

Jill said...

I love this. I laughed at so many because that is so me esp. the part about spending money at Gap and Gymboree. My husband would kill me also

Keri said...

Hey there everyone!! I greatly appreciate you stopping by. It makes it so much more enjoyable to blog when you know that someone is out there actually reading it!! :)

Take care and have a great week!

Kelly said...

Very impressive!

Anonymous said...

What a fun list, however, I know that #89 is not true, because the only car accident I was ever in was with you in my car.....Okay, you weren't driving, but you were in the accident-how is that for a run on sentence! :0) Love ya, Teresa

Keri said...

oh yeah!!! I forgot about that! That wasn't your fault and the police took forever to get there. I remember now

Anonymous said...

Hey Keri,
I love this post I learned alot about you!! I think you and I need to go shopping together!! HE!HE! So both our hubbys can kill us. BUT we would have fun!! We need to get the kids together and go swim or something!!

Wade said...

Hey Keri,

Were you driving that Buick when I came up to visit during our Senior year in high school?

I think you were because that sounds so familiar! I remember the horn honking as were going down the street!

Wow! I forgot about that!

Great post!

W

Keri said...

Yes Wade, the very same car indeed!!! You were so lucky.

Jordan said...

Way to go for finding 100 interesting things to say about yourself! I"m not sure I have that many.
Jordan