Wade tagged me.
Watch out blog world.
First memory: When I was 2-3-years-old we lived in Mississippi. My sister and I stayed during the day at a lady’s house that was more like a make-shift pre-school. Ms. Jane was her name. Her mother lived down the road and we would walk between the two and pick strawberries. This wasn’t what I would consider my first as in I have no idea what order some of the events were that happened in Mississippi but I do also remember my dad’s knee surgery and going to visit him in the hospital. There again I was 2 years old maybe.
First real kiss: Jeremy Little John in the 3rd grade. We were swimming at the YMCA and we kissed under the water. I had to hold my nose and he laughed at me. He was also the moron who blurted out in class that there was no Santa Clause. He actually got sent to the principal’s office for that one.
First concert: George Strait in Plainview, Texas I was maybe 10 or 11. He was going to all these colleges and stopped at Wayland. Tells you how much of a nobody he was back then. I got to tour his bus because my mom was the sales manager for the radio station that promoted him. I do remember him singing Amarillo By Morning and thinking that it was cool there was a song with a town that I knew in the title.
First love: First person I ever loved was Cameron. SERIOUSLY. I never said it to anybody before him. I deeply liked a few boys that if we had pursued a more serious relationship could have been love but nope Cameron was it!!!
First crush: I had the hugest crush on a boy named Tyler from like 6th grade to 8th grade. I mean huge!!! All the little junior high tests pointed to him being the love of my life forever. He was it until I was at the 8th grade dance at school and he farted while they passed out silly awards. Although he was super cool and popular he hardly recovered from that one.
First thing you think in the morning: How many people are still asleep in my home?
First book you remember loving: I loved any chapter books. I am a huge reader and can’t remember the first because there were so many at different stages.
First pet: Fluffy the cat. She was a MEAN black haired cat that we had to get rid of because she wouldn’t let anyone play with her. I cried and cried when I came home from school and she was gone. There was also numerous hamsters and birds.
First question you'll ask in Heaven: Why is there a history channel? No, just kidding Wade… History is not my thing but I would seriously ask how a baby is made. I know how babies are MADE but I want to know how He decided it would be formed in the womb and the stages of growth. I mean why didn’t He just make the first baby 7 lbs and you could be pregnant for like I don’t know… 3 weeks maybe 4 to get things ready and then out comes a baby. Why wait 9 months? Why can’t we be like dogs or cats and have a shorter gestation period? It is a phenomenon to me.
First thing you think of when you hear the word 'vacation': ABSOLUTELY NO CELL PHONES!!!
First best friend: Brandy Morphis. We were great friends all through elementary school.
Last time you dressed up: Our friend Jeremy’s wedding. It was a formal wedding and Cameron was the best man so I had to dress up as well. I had just had Mason 6 weeks prior and it was not as much fun as I would have liked it to have been because I still had so much weight to lose.
Last thing you ate: Pei Wei~We just got it here in Amarillo and it is super yummy. If you don’t know it is fast food version of PF Changs and if you don’t know PF Changs then I feel sorry for you.
Last CD you bought: uhh… I have no idea. I NEVER buy cd’s. Seriously NEVER. WAIT I remember now. I bought my nephew the new Kenny Chesney cd for his birthday. It wasn’t for me but that would be the last one I bought.
Last (good) book you read: I just finished the Redemtion Series by Karen Kingsbury. GREAT set of books to read. There are 5 in the series. I hope to get started on the Firstborn series next.
Last time you cried: I attended a funeral for a very young mother/wife the first of June. Her service was beautiful and very moving. Makes me want to hold my babies longer and kiss Cameron one more time before he leaves each day.
Last time you told someone you loved them: When I put Gracelyn to bed a while a go. She is so funny because her new thing is after you say “I love you.” She says “I love you more than you’ll ever know.” AWWWW….
Last really funny thing you did: I crack myself up all the time so I have no idea. I do recall a conversation with Teresa about lions and tigers. It wasn’t the last thing I am sure but it is still a funny on myself. When we were talking about visiting the zoo recently I told her that I wanted to take Gracelyn to see the lion exhibit that just opened. The zoo here in Amarillo is FREE so you can imagine that the exhibits are a bit dated and not at as exciting as a regular zoo. But anyways we had something to look forward to so I told Teresa (over the phone) that I wanted to see the tigers. The conversation went as follows:
Me: We are going to see the tigers want to go?
Teresa: I thought they were lions.
Me: Well they are lions and tigers. The boy is a lion and the girls are tigers.
LONG PAUSE… So as to not make me feel like an idiot she politely said okay and we went on with our conversation. Not until later~ A LOT LATER~ did she ever say anything about the lions and tigers being different animals. I knew that but had convinced myself they were the same animal just different because of their gender. DUH… I taught 2nd grade folks!
Last thing you watched on TV: Food Network~Next Food Network Star. I would give my left arm to be on that show. No wait my left pinky toe. I would need my arm. I would need to know how to cook as well but that is another fantasy.
Last Halloween costume: I haven’t dressed up since forever. It would have to be high school I think. I was a farmer in overalls, straw hat, hay sticking out of places and flannel shirt. Not very amusing I know.
Last concert attended: Third Day about a year ago. Toby Mac opened for them.
I tag Kassie, Jill, and Renay, . I can’t wait to read what all they have to say!!
Monday, June 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment