Last night during our small group we had the opportunity to talk about growth and how we see ourselves growing in a way that is showing our faith.
I could list a hundred ways of how God is using me. He has set forth the plan, given me the skills to perform the tasks. Now what? I know that I have asked the question "Now what?" more than I can count. Knowing what God wants me to do and feeling convicted about it is powerful. I know that God has always tried to talk to me. I just never listened so He used other people to talk to me. Being hard headed stinks. I am coming to a point in my relationship with Christ that I am hearing God more and He is able to speak directly to me because I am open to Him. He still uses people to help me but mostly it comes directly to me from Him.
There have been two very small incidences recently that have been huge in my believing that I am growing. One is a time when I spoke to Cameron in a way that shocked him and I. I later told Cameron that what I was saying was not from me. I'm not that eloquent. But it all came from God. My courage to address an issue that had been a sore subject between us was relieved and not only was I able to get through the conversation Cameron was able to hear it because it wasn't from me. It was God speaking. The second time was just a few nights ago. I have a cabinet in my kitchen/living area that is the junk haven. I dug in there for a book to read and came across a paperback that I hadn't read before. SCORE! I started in on the first page and didn't understand a word of it. I was too tired I thought. The second night I started again and AGAIN it was just jumbled in my brain and I was drifting to sleep within seconds. So on the third attempt I heard God say to throw the book away. I don't remember the title of the book it was an easy read that was full of fluff I'm sure but there was something in it that God didn't want me to read. So I just tossed it to the ground and went to sleep and thought that I would just put it in the trash in the morning. God woke me up at 3:00 that morning for me to throw it away. I didn't have to use the bathroom, there was no crying child, no dog barking. I woke from a dead sleep to God telling me to get my rear up and go throw that book in the trash. I did and fell back to sleep within seconds.
I don't ask "Now what?" nearly as often although I still wonder it sometimes. I don't argue with God on His plan nearly as often although I still wonder sometimes. I'm not saying I don't EVER wonder or argue but it is less.
That my friends is growth.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What an awesome story! Isn't it crazy the way that God works!?!? Our pastor once spoke on being "empty." He talked about how most people see that as a bad thing, but we should see it as such an amazing opportunity...to wake up empty and allow God to fill us all day long! ...your story brought that to my mind for some reason! ...Thanks for your comment on my blog! I love it when new people say hi!
Keri, this was a wonderful post. That growth of yours--it's amazing!! Great group last night by the way--I think we'll all be finding a growth soon enough with more inspiration from you!
Post a Comment